Tax Id Validation During iSupplier Registration Does Not Ignore Hyphen And Allows Duplicate ID with Dash In Different Position
(Doc ID 1260874.1)
Last updated on JUNE 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With US tax ID formatting the 9-digit tax code may typically be entered as 9 consecutive numbers (AABBBBBBB) or in a 2-7 format (AA-BBBBBBB). The tax validation feature triggered when entering a new supplier during registration in iSupplier works as expected (prevents the new supplier from registering) when the new tax ID matches EXACTLY the number AND format of an existing supplier in the core supplier tables. However, if the existing supplier’s tax ID is entered in one format and the new supplier registering through iSupplier uses a different format, the new entry is accepted even though the actual numbers are the same (i.e. a duplication).
AA-BBBBBBB = AA-BBBBBBB
AABBBBBBB <> AA-BBBBBBB
Users expect the validation would ignore the hyphens but it does not ignore the hyphens.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Using the Supplier Profile Administrator responsibility, identify an existing supplier and note its Tax ID Number and formatting (for example AA-BBBBBBB).
2. Using a link for iSupplier registration, enter a new supplier but enter the Tax ID using the alternate format (AABBBBBBB)
3. Click on the Continue button – The process takes the registrant successfully to the next screen. The 2 tax Numbers are interpreted to be separate unique numbers
4. Next, go back to the original registration screen and enter the Tax ID again using the format associated with the existing supplier (AA-BBBBBBB).
5. Again click on the Continue button – this time the error message regarding duplicate details is displayed as expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document