INVIDCAT: System Hangs When Saving A New Item Category (Performance Issue)
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Item Master - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that when attempting to create a new category code in the category codes from (INVIDCAT) the system hangs and never saves the value.
Expect new category codes to be saved.
1) Navigate to Inventory > Setup > Items > Categories > Category Codes
2) Press NEW. Enter one record belonged to “Item Categories”
3) Press SAVE. The system hangs
4) These are the tables that get blocked (These tables have table locks on them):
5) The longest running SQL script follows and shows a range scan on MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS_B_N1
Due to this issue, users cannot create new category codes for structure Item Categories.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms