Last updated on DECEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Warehouse Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Let's consider two subinventories as below:
- 'PF' (Pick Face Subinventory) is not LPN controlled
- 'Bulk' is LPN controlled, LPNs are pallets.
Min-Max Planning process is run at Subinventory level to generate replenishment tasks from Bulk to PF.
The related replenishment picking rule is defined with allocation mode as 'Allocate Entire LPN Only'.
Now consider the following case for an item:
- at item subinventory level, Min-Max Planning settings are as below:
Minimum Min-Max quantity: 50
Maximum Min-Max quantity: 1000
- there is a quantity of 20 on hand in subinventory PF,
- there is no supply / demand data,
- there is a pallet (an LPN) with quantity of 1000 in Bulk subinventory.
In this case the system is not allocating the pallet of 1000 quantity as the requirement is for 980 quantity (1000 - 20 on hand = 980).
No replenishment task is created as the Move Order Pick Slip concurrent program is not allocating the quantity.
Expect the system to allocate the nearest full pallet, that is in this case the full quantity of 1000.
How to achieve this?
1) Cannot use 'Allocate LPN and Loose' allocation mode because this would break LPNs which is not the business need.
2) Cannot set the Fixed Lot Multiplier parameter at item subinventory level because the pallet size is not fixed.
3) "Overpicking For Transfer Orders Enabled" check box is checked in Warehouse Parameters form. (INVSDOIO)
The issue can be replicated with the following steps:
1. Get two subinventories let's say 'Bulk' and 'PF' in your WMS organization as below:
Bulk is LPN controlled
PF is not LPN controlled
2. Create an item and assign it to your WMS organization
Set Inventory Planning Method = Min-Max
Go to (M) Tools : Item Subinventories
Create a record for subinventory PF as below:
Check Min-Max Planning check box
Min Qty: 50
Max Qty: 1000
Source Type: Subinventory
Source Organization: current organization
Source Subinventory: Bulk
3. Receive a quantity of 1000 into an LPN in Bulk and a quantity of 20 as loose in SUB 2
4. Create a WMS rule
Allocation Mode: Allocate Entire LPN Only
Enable the rule
5. Create a Pick strategy
Add above rule to the strategy
Enable the strategy
Assign the strategy in Rules Workbench
Enable the assignment
6. Launch the Min-Max for your item only
Planning Level: Subinventory
7. Once completed, review the output
See Reorder Quantity = 980
8. Go to Transact Move Orders form
Query on the item
See a move order line with the following:
Move Order Type: Replenishment
Transaction Type: Move Order Transfer
Requested Qty: 980
Write down the move order number
9. Launch the Move Order Pick Slip report for above move order
Set Auto Allocate Approved Lines = Yes
Set Plan Tasks = No (defaulted)
10. Once completed, review the report output
See Task Status=Unallocated and Qty=980
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms