Last updated on MAY 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12 to 12.2.3 [Release 11 to 12.2]
Oracle Advanced Pricing - Version 12.1 to 12.2.3 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:OEXOEORD.FMB - Sales Orders
Form:OEXOETEL.FMB - Quick Sales Orders
Find the Unit Selling Price on the sales order is not rounded as expected. It is getting incorrectly rounded to 8 or 9 decimal places.
The issue cannot be reproduced at will and occurs intermittently.
Issue was reported by others as follows:
A) Could be at order entry
1. Responsibility: Order Management Super User
2. Navigate to: orders, returns > sales orders
3. Enter header and order line. Setup is as such that a discount will be applied that will result in an adjustment with > 2 decimal places.
4. Find that the Unit Selling Price (USP) on the line shows 3 decimal places.
5. actions > Price Line
Now the unit selling price shows 2 decimal places.
B) Could occur at Booking
1. Enter sales order line.
2. Apply Modifier that results in fractional adjustment (3 precision).
3. Do Action -> Price line and you see the adjustment is rounded.
4. But when we book the order then the adjustment is not rounded to -2 precision. It is back to an unrounded selling price.
C) New Order/Order Line After Upgrade to Oracle Applications 12.1.3 from 11.5.10.
On the order line, is a price with 34 decimals.
Action > Price Line does not change the number of decimals.
The price remains same, with the high amount of decimals.
OM:Unit Price Precision Type : EXTENDED
QP:Unit Price Precision Type: EXTENDED
QP: Selling Price Rounding Options: Individual: = round(listprice) + round(adj)
QP: Price Rounding: Enforce Currency Precision
The currency on the price list is set to USD and this is set up with Precision = 2 and Extended Precision = 4.
The problem seems to be in the way the adjusted amount of the modifier being applied is calculated. For the pricing events LINE the adjusted amount calculated is -.0714 but for the pricing event ORDER for the same modifier the adjusted amount calculated is -.0714285.
This seems to be modifying the Unit Selling Price (USP) to incorrect decimal places.
Upgraded to Oracle Applications 12.1.3. In previous version of the application this worked correctly all the time.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms