Searching iProcurement By Item Number Does Not Return Any Results From The BPA
(Doc ID 1318651.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 11, 2019
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrade from 11.5.9 to 12.1.3 in Production, when using the catalog item number to search for an item no results are returned, however when search by the item description the results are returned.
Due to this issue, users cannot find the item. This is a major issue as most users search by item number; as they cannot find the items, Non-Catalog Requests are being generated instead.
Can be used where Multi-org is enabled and organizations use the same global blanket purchase agreement GBPA.
- Go into the organization where the global GBPA blanket agreement is setup
- Disable the organizations, re approve the GBPA
- Then re-enable the organizations and reapprove the GBPA.
- The item will then return by description and item number.
The organization where the global blanket is set up returns the item when it is searched by item number or description.
However the problem is inconsistent and intermittent and the workaround does not resolve the root cause issue. As such it is not a satisfactory workaround because the users do not know where the issue will present itself and with what item.
Expect the search by the item number to return matching item results.
Steps To Reproduce
1. Enter Oracle item number in the search page of iProcurment; no results found
2. Enter description of item; results return.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document