R12: Consolidated Code Fix for Invoice Discard/Cancel Issues (Root cause fix for 1060611.1)
(Doc ID 1336437.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Release 12 patch 9661290 is a consolidated patch addressing several Invoice discard/cancellation issues. It contains most known root cause fixes corresponding to Generic Data Fix <Note 1060611.1>
Important for R12.0 Customers: <Patch 9661290:R12.AP.A> is included in a larger consolidation Patch <Patch 11736253:R12.AP.A>. The latter includes in addition to all the fixes described here the most critical fixes for Release 12.0 as-of September 2010. Please Refer to <Note 1085046.1> for more information.
Important for R12.1 Customers: This patch is superseded in R12.1, replacement patch is the Payables Core RPC <Note 1397581.1>
Patch 9661290 addresses the following code bugs:
- 9178329: Invoice cancelation event is generating reverse distributions whose base amount is not reversing the base amount of parent distribution.
- 9034405: When an invoice line is created by copying a discarded line and distributions are generated, it is not possible to cancel the invoice. Invoice cancelation is stuck in dist variance hold.
- 9241090: User can save foreign currency invoice without entering Rate type. If user cancels the invoice after saving, the invoice is put on NO RATE hold. Since the AutoRate program updates invoices based on exchange rate and rate type, the invoice would be stuck in cancellation and cannot be process from the application. This happens only if Payables Option 'Require Exchange Rate entry' is enabled. When option is enabled the Rate type field is mandatory.
- 9345786: (replacement 9508004:R12.AP.A) Discard Invoice line creates reversals with line GL_date even though the distribution GL date is greater than the line GL date.
- 9267945: AWT Distributions not reversed while cancelling upgraded (from 11i) invoices.
- 9702328: Withholding Tax not reversed during cancellation.
- 9068689: Once the accounting for distributions of a non-tax and non-AWT line is done, if user makes any changes in the system such that there is any impact on the calculation of inclusive tax on that line, then the distribution amount of posted distribution gets updated and it causes issue in accounting.
- 8733916: Addresses several BC event issues:
- Whenever discard/reverse/cancel of an invoice with unprocessed bc_events, encumbered_flag is set to 'R' without deleting the bc_events.
- Orphan bc_events are getting created with encumbered_flag as 'R' and bc_event_id present.
- Orphan events are getting created with bc_event present and with no data in xla events.
- Charge line like freight, misc, tax lines are not updated with encumbered flag as 'R' even when the ITEM line corresponding to is set to 'R'.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document