R12: Partial Prepayment Application Corrupts The Invoice Payment Schedule
(Doc ID 1366429.1)
Last updated on MARCH 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Amount to apply calculated incorrectly in prepayment application window
- Amount to apply greater than invoice amount
- Occurs when prepayment already applied and attempting to apply additional prepayment to invoice
- Occurs after partial prepayment application already performed
- Happens when invoice and prepayment have taxes included
It is expected that when applying a second prepayment to an invoice to have the amount to applied correctly calculated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to Oracle Payables responsibility
2. Navigate to: Invoices / Entry / Invoices
3. Create an prepayment with the following information (sample data):
Tax: 130 (attached to a Tax Code)
4. Validate and approve the prepayment
5. Pay the prepayment in full
6. Navigate to: Invoices / Entry / Invoices
7. Create an invoice with the following information (sample data):
Tax: 65 (attached to a Tax Code)
8. Validate and approve the invoice
9. Press the Actions button
10. Click on Apply / Unapply prepayment
11. Apply 300 from the prepayment entered in step 3.
12. Validate the invoice
13 . Create a Quick Payment through the Payment Screen for the Invoice created in Step 7 , Payment Amount $67
14 . Account the Payment
15. Navigate back to the Invoice and through the Action button choose Apply Unapply Prepayment for the Invoice created in Step 7
16. Apply $100 from the prepayment entered in step 3.
17. Validate the invoice
18. Again for the Invoice created in Step 7 choose Apply Unapply Prepayment
-> This is the issue: Notice the default Amount is less than the remaining amount or it might be more than the remaining amount but not the right amount; by applying this amounts the invoice is incorrectly paid.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot do partial prepayment application on the invoices.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document