Unable To Create Accounting For Adjustment, Program Ends In Error
(Doc ID 1381454.1)
Last updated on MAY 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Adjustments Related
When attempting to create accounting for an adjustment, the following error occurs.
1. The applied-to sources provided for this line are invalid or incomplete. Either the transaction line may not be applied to a previous transaction, or your journal line definition is incorrectly defined to support business flow functionality.
2. This line cannot be accounted until the accounting event that it references has been fully accounted.
Please ensure the accounting events for the transaction with the following identifiers for the application Receivables have been accounted: customer_trx_id: 123456.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following sample steps:
1. Create AR transaction (amount = 2000)
2. Create & apply a receipt against that transaction for entire amount (2000)
3. Clear the receipt and create accounting.
4. Then on the same receipt, click on Apply -> Create Chargeback with 0 amount and save.
5. When you try to create accounting, chargeback transaction is getting accounted whereas for adjustment, the program ends in error.
6. If we perform the above test case with some value in chargeback instead of 0, its not giving error. Accounting is generated successfully.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot account the adjustment and proceed to close the period.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document