Last updated on DECEMBER 20, 2016
Applies to:Primavera P6 Analytics - Version R1 to R1 [Release R1]
BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 10.1.3.4.1 to 126.96.36.199.x [Release 10.1 to 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Reviewed for relevance 22 Jan 2013.
Reviewed for relevance 20 May 2013.
Reviewed for relevance 12 Aug 2014.
=== ODM Issue Clarification ===
When trying to use the query editor in BI Publisher 10.1.3.4.1 to create a new Data Set for a report, the error "The list of tables is too long. Please enter one or more first letters in the search entry field to reduce table list" is generated.
No matter what letter or number is entered as a first character in the search field, no results are returned.
Thus unable to view the list of tables to select them when developing reports.
This problem is specific to P6 version 8.1 and BI Publisher 10.1.3.4.1.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Log in to BI publisher
2. Navigate to the Home > Shared Folders > P6REPORTS > Portfolio (or any other subject area) folder
3. Choose to Edit a report
4. Choose to Add a new Data Model
5. Choose P6RPT as your data source
6. Click on the query builder icon
7. Note the error message at top of screen. This message remains regardless of which characters are searched for.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms