Root Cause RVTII-060 Missing Fob Point Error (Profile: INV: Create RCV Shipments in Bulk) [Video]
(Doc ID 1390812.1)
Last updated on APRIL 24, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 11.5.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
RCVTM - Receiving Manager
Profile: INV: Create RCV Shipments in Bulk (INV_RCV_SHIPMENTS_BULK)
When receiving material, the following error appears. The issue could impact Inter-Organization Transfer (IOT) and Internal Requisition / Internal Sales Order (ISO).
RVTII-060 Missing FOB Point error
Users were not able to replicate the issue at will but it would occur periodically. Below are example steps that might occur:
- Attempt an inter-org transfer (and it usually works).
- Sometimes, but not consistently, transactions time-out and fail. (Possibly caused by some network or system bottleneck.)
- After the failed transactions, orphan shipment transactions are seen running SQL from <Note 789732.1>.
- If users try to repeat the transaction, it fails with the error.
Steps: Forcing the Issue
Support engineers were able to force the issue to happen by putting a manual lock on the onhand quantity table. The lock on the table simulated a "bottleneck" that users might have during normal transaction processing.
Video - Demonstrate Causing Issue With SQL (03:51)
The following is example SQL used to create the temporary lock on the onhand quantity table:
where inventory_item_id = &YourItemID
for update nowait;
The issue remains even after patching from <Note 396788.1> including patches like <Patch 9176802> and <Patch 9283709>.
- Results in delays and data corruption. Must run datafixes from <Note 789732.1> to fix data.
- Issue does not happen consistently so confusing to users and causes delays in getting shipments to customers.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document