Root Cause RVTII-060 Missing Fob Point Error (Profile: INV: Create RCV Shipments in Bulk) [Video]
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 11.5.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
RCVTM - Receiving Manager
Profile: INV: Create RCV Shipments in Bulk (INV_RCV_SHIPMENTS_BULK)
When receiving material, the following error appears. The issue could impact Inter-Organization Transfer (IOT) and Internal Requisition / Internal Sales Order (ISO).
RVTII-060 Missing FOB Point error
Users were not able to replicate the issue at will but it would occur periodically. Below are example steps that might occur:
- Attempt an inter-org transfer (and it usually works).
- Sometimes, but not consistently, transactions time-out and fail. (Possibly caused by some network or system bottleneck.)
- After the failed transactions, orphan shipment transactions are seen running SQL from <Note 789732.1>.
- If users try to repeat the transaction, it fails with the error.
Steps: Forcing the Issue
Support engineers were able to force the issue to happen by putting a manual lock on the onhand quantity table. The lock on the table simulated a "bottleneck" that users might have during normal transaction processing.
Video - Demonstrate Causing Issue With SQL (03:51)
The following is example SQL used to create the temporary lock on the onhand quantity table:
where inventory_item_id = &YourItemID
for update nowait;
The issue remains even after patching from <Note 396788.1> including patches like <Patch 9176802> and <Patch 9283709>.
- Results in delays and data corruption. Must run datafixes from <Note 789732.1> to fix data.
- Issue does not happen consistently so confusing to users and causes delays in getting shipments to customers.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms