Last updated on APRIL 03, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.0.4 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to close the inventory period, there are uncosted WIP component issue transactions ( Transaction_Type_Id = 35 ) with the following error.
Error Code: CST_INVALID_JOB_DATE
Error Explanation: The transaction date precedes the release date of the job or schedule
1. Create discrete job as Released
2. Pull up discrete job on the Move Transactions form (and do not close the form and do not complete the transaction - this populates the Transaction Date with Sysdate
3. Change discrete job to Unreleased
4. Change the Discrete Job to Released again (which in turn updates the Discrete Job DATE_RELEASED field to Sysdate
5. Complete the Move transaction (job was still on screen from when it was originally created as Released, so the Transaction Date precedes the new DATE_RELEASED on the job)
The transaction saves and results in a Transaction Date in MTL_MATERIAL_TRANSACTIONS that precedes the Discrete Job Release Date and therefore the records remain stuck as Pending Uncosted Material transaction with the error code of: "CST_INVALID_JOB_DATE" and Error Explanation: "The transaction date precedes the release date of the job or schedule."
If you are doing a move transaction and you manually try to change the Transaction Date to an earlier time (prior to the job release date), it will give you an error on screen when you try to save the record and will not let you save it until you change the date to be after the date_released of the discrete job. However, when performing the steps as detailed above, it does not give the error and does allow you to save it which causes the Pending Transactions.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms