Last updated on JUNE 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.0.0 to 12.2.4 [Release 12 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document provides code that allows Purchasing Approval Rules assigned to Employees in a Purchasing Hierarchy to be tested against a Purchasing Document without the need to submit the document for approval.
1. This script does NOT test AME rules used in the approval of Purchase Requisitions or Purchase Orders
2. This script IGNORES the 'Owner Can Approve' setting on the Purchasing Document Setup form
3. This script IGNORES the 'Approval Routing' setting on the Purchasing Document Setup form
4. This script does not allow additional approvers to be added
5. This script does NOT approve any Purchasing document.
As supplied, the script will use the default hierarchy set for the document type and subtype if the 'Use Positional Hierarchies' is checked on the Human Resources tab of the Financial Options form, otherwise the Job Hierarchy is used as defined in Human Resources. Instructions on changing this behavior within the script are detailed at the end of the note.
For convenience, the starting point used by the script for the approval hierarchy is, for Purchase Requisitions, the Preparer and for other Purchasing document types, the Buyer.
The cursors c_po_hier & c_hr_hier used by this script are taken from the package PO_APPROVALLIST_S1 (POXAPL1B.pls 120.12.12010000.12)
The script provided by this document is for educational purposes only and is not supported by Oracle Global Customer Support.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms