Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.2.2 to 6.2.6 [Release 6.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 16-Dec-2013***
When two or more shipments have the same Arrival Date on Stop2 (in this case 2012-03-12 09:00 America/Chicago), and at least 2 doors are available on the same resource, when Auto Scheduling the Appointment from Appointment Manager, the 2nd shipment often goes into the next available slot on the same door instead of auto scheduling to the next door at the same time.
For example - if there are two shipments set to Arrive at Stop 2 at 9 am, when scheduling the first shipment, it will go to one of the doors at 9 am. When scheduling the Appointment for the 2nd shipment, the appointment will often (not always) go to the same door in the next available slot instead of another door available at the same time.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Dock Location: APPT_DEST
01542 and 01543
Start Time: 2012-02-29 20:40 America/Chicago
End Time: 2012-03-12 09:00 America/Chicago
1. Log into OTM 6.2.
2. Go to Operational Planning --> Appointment Management --> Dock and Yard Managers.
3. Search by Location ID APPT_DEST.
4. Select APPT_DEST and go to Actions --> Manage Appointments.
5. Search by Date 2012-03-12.
6. Shipments 01542 and 01543 shows in the results both expected to arrive on 3/12 at 9 am.
7. Right Click Shipment 01542 and select "Schedule Appointment".
8. Find that the shipment went to Door 1 at 9 AM.
9. Right Click Shipment 01543 and select "Schedule Appointment".
10. Find that the shipment Went to Door 1 at 10 AM. The client expects this to go to Door2 at 9 am.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms