Connections Locked In OANAVIGATEPORTLETAM After Login To The Configurable Homepage
(Doc ID 1454792.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle E-Business Suite Technology Stack - Version 12.1.2 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You may experience a blank page on login, however, this symptom is a very generic and my not necessarily indicate that the specific issue dicussed here is affecting you.
After logging in and being directed to the configurable homepage (see note 1061482.1 for more information on the configurable homepage) you may notice a connection is locked for every user via OANavigatePortletAM (Application Module). If the user then navigates to another page then 2 connections will be held for each user (one for the homepage and one for the navigated to page). In some cases these extra connections may exchuast system resources or result in one reaching maximum connections in the database or maximum connections per java virtual machine.
1. User accesses the login page. One instance of MainLoginPageAM gets created.
2. User is re-directed to the homapage. MainLoginPageAM is released to the available pool. One instance of OANavigatePortletAM is locked.
3. User navigates to another Framework page e.g iProcurement. A new AM is created for the Framework page while the OANavigatePortletAM remains locked.
5. User navigates back to the home page (using the Home global navigation link). Both the OANavigatePortletAM and the Framework page AM is released to the available pool.
From a JDBC perspective these connections appear as fnd.framework.navigate.server.OANavigateP
To determine if this issue is affecting your system follow these steps. For this test you need to perform the steps when no one else is logged in. Otherwise there is no easy way to determine if the connection is yours
1. Login to the instance using sysadmin.
2. Click on Diagnostics link, which will take you to the Diagnostics page
3. Select ''Show Pool Monitor'' from the dropdown
4. On the processes page, click on AM''s - Check for the Available, Unavailable values for OANavigatePortletAM
If the problem exists then you will see 1 unavailable connection for OANavigatePortletAM see Fig1 below. This is indicating that although you navigated away from the homepage the AM and its associated JDBC connection is locked. If the problem is not impacting your system then there will be no unavailable connections for OANavigatePortletAM.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document