RCVTXERE: Cannot Perform Correction Against Return to Receiving Transactions
Last updated on APRIL 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 11.5.10 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users not allowed to perform corrections for Return to receiving transactions.
- Original receipt is entered in March
- Return to vendor is entered in April (User error as it should have been March).
- User enters correction against April Return to Vendor and Perform receive/deliver to put material back in inventory (April).
- When trying to enter Return to Vendor with correct originally intended date (March), an error message is occurs:
APP-PO-14878: Child transaction date pre-dates parent transaction date
Cause: You tried to enter a child transaction date that is earlier than the corresponding parent transaction date.
Action: Enter a transaction date that is equal to or later than the transaction date of the corresponding parent transaction.
Above message is expected because transaction date from the first Return to Vendor attempt is the parent transaction pointing to April.
- User then goes to corrections form and queries by PO#, however there are no records corresponding to the Return to Receiving transaction in question.
- On this example user does not know how can the return be entered in March so that inventory is correct for month end close.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms