Last updated on JULY 23, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for relevance on 23-JULY-2017 ***
Can one sales order, with two lines having two different warehouses (with the same ship from location) be grouped on one delivery?
1. Enter sales order
2. Same product on both lines
3. Different warehouse (only difference) on the lines
shipping parameters are for both inventory organizations identical (all criteria are selected) and the inventory organizations are having both the same location assigned.
4. Book the order.
5. Release the sales order for picking.
6. Result is that two deliveries are created instead of one.
The same happens when using the auto create deliveries function in the shipping transactions form (Per the following examples)
Customer has tried to release the sales order (made a couple new ones as well) using different release criteria and I have used the 'Include Assigned Lines' option as well as the delivery criteria within and across orders. Eventually it did not result in any positive results.
Also have tried, is to unassign both delivery details from their delivery and autocreate one for both lines at once (selecting multiple lines and then autocreate delivery). This always resulted in two different deliveries.
The last thing tried, is to have both delivery details assigned to an existing delivery, and this also doesn't work. But in this case an error message is received
Warning: These entities can not be grouped together as their grouping attributes do not match.
when have checked the grouping attributes and they are identical:
1. Customer: Both the same as they are on the same order
2. Ship from: inventory organizations are different, but they are setup with the same location. This is identical on the shipping transactions form.
3. Ship to: It's the same customer and same ship to address = Identical
4. FOB: For both CIP
5. Ship Method: Identical. One line is copied from the other on the order and the only thing changed was the warehouse.
It is strange that one can see all organizations at Order Entry and Shipping Execution as well, but you can't seem to group orders as they are shipped from different inventory organization even though they have the same location assigned.
Again Please advise - is it possible to have one sales order with two lines with two different warehouses (with the same ship from location) be grouped on one delivery ?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms