Order Release Constraint 'Must Ship Direct' Behavior Allows The Order To Ship Via a Pool.
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 30, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.2.2 to 6.2.7 [Release 6.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are no rates available for the direct planing of an order release. However there exists rates for a potential Pool routing. Therefore an order release can potentially be planned onto two shipments via a pool, but not on one shipment direct from Source to Destination.
The Order Release is marked as "Must Ship Direct". When Bulk Planned, the planning is successful and routes the order through the pool onto two shipments. Since the order is marked as "Must Ship Direct", this is not expected and should instead fail to plan.
1. Ensure there are no direct solutions from A to B.
2. Created Pool Location: X_POOL
3. Created two rates specific for TO/FROM the pool
4. Created Order that has “Must Ship Direct" from A to B.
Steps to replicate:
1. Navigate to Order Management -> Order Release -> Order Release
2. Search for the Order Release.
3. Click Actions > Operational Planning > Create Buy Shipment > Bulk Plan – Buy
4. Select Default Parameters Set
This plans the Order onto two shipments through the pool, even though it is marked as “must ship direct”.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms