Order Release Constraint 'Must Ship Direct' Behavior Allows The Order To Ship Via a Pool.
(Doc ID 1474655.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.2.2 to 6.2.7 [Release 6.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are no rates available for the direct planing of an order release. However there exist rates for a potential Pool routing. Therefore an order release can potentially be planned onto two shipments via a pool, but not on one shipment direct from Source to Destination.
The Order Release is marked as "Must Ship Direct". When Bulk Planned, the planning is successful and routes the order through the pool onto two shipments. Since the order is marked as "Must Ship Direct", this is not expected and should instead fail to plan.
1. Ensure there are no direct solutions from A to B.
2. Create Pool Location
3. Create two rates specific for TO/FROM the pool
4. Create Order that has “Must Ship Direct" from A to B.
Steps to replicate:
1. Navigate to Order Management -> Order Release -> Order Release
2. Search for the Order Release.
3. Click Actions > Operational Planning > Create Buy Shipment > Bulk Plan – Buy
4. Select Default Parameters Set
This plans the Order onto two shipments through the pool, even though it is marked as “must ship direct”.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document