Unable To Enter Serial Number On WIP Completion Job If Used During Inventory Transactions
(Doc ID 1478259.1)
Last updated on MAY 24, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 188.8.131.52 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Oracle Inventory Management - Version 184.108.40.206 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to perform Work in Process (WIP) completion, the following error occurs.
Invalid Serial Number.
1. Navigate to Inventory > Transactions > Miscellaneous Transactions.
* Perform a miscellaneous receipt Misc Recpt for item "A" with Serial number "X"
2. Navigate to Inventory > Transactions > Miscellaneous Transactions.
* Perform a miscellaneous Issue for the same item "A" with serial number "X" (So now the item status A with serial number X is issued out of stores.)
3. Navigate to Work in Process (WIP) > Discrete > Job.
* Create a WIP Job with Item A as a Demand Item (Assembly)
4. Navigate to Work in Process (WIP) > Material Transactions > Completion Transaction
a. Try to complete the WIP job.
b. Enter the same serial number X for item A
c. Receive an error message: invalid serial number.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!