Create Accounting Error "0 The Subledger Journal Entry Does Not Balance In The Entered Currency" for Layer Cost Update source type
Last updated on DECEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Cost Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Cost Management > SLA > Create Accounting
Create Accounting failed for some events: Layer Cost Update with error:
0 The subledger journal entry does not balance in the entered currency. Please verify the entered amounts on the journal entry lines
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. create an item in an FIFO costing organization. This item can
be copied from Puchased Item template, and needs to be inventory
item, stockable, and cost enabled.
2. make a misc receipt for this item with some unit cost and
3. go to Cost->Item Costs->Layer Cost Update-> Update Costs
4. Select the Type to Layer Cost Update and fill the Adjustment Acct
in the Update Transaction tag.
5. Fill in the created item and default cost group
6. Click continue to go to Layer Cost Update Transactions form.
7. Go to the newly created layer, fill in value in Layer Value
Change, and value in Adjustment Quantity cells. The Adjustment
Quantity shall be bigger than the Layer Quantity value. Please
select the Value Change and Adjustment Quantity carefully. Need to
make the balance is not 0 after rounding without the balancing code.
For example, can select Value Change to 120.52245, and Adjustment
Quantity is 29. If the Layer quantity is 1, then the three
accounts before rounding will be: 4.155946552,
120.52245,116.3665034. After rounding will be 4. 16, -120.52,
116.37. The balance is 0.01. Or can select the Value Change and
Adjustment Quantity as in the Scenario tested by developer.
8. Fill in the expense account in the Accounts tag. and save.
9. After this transaction is costed in MTA table, check the
balance of the debit and credit accounts in MTA table. The balance
should be 0 with one account value change 0.01.
10. (Optional) try to create accounting for this transaction,
there should not be any error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms