E-Business Suite Applications Manager Central Inventory & Local Inventory Details For System Administration Install, Clone, Upgrade and Maintenance
(Doc ID 1550950.1)
Last updated on JULY 30, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Applications Manager - Version 184.108.40.206 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
E-Business Suite Applications Manager, Applications Installation and Rapidclone related issues
Discuss the central inventory and local inventory details for an Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Instance, and provide the supported way to recreate the central inventory of an EBS Instance which is being used by rapidwiz and rapidclone.
This document contains the following sections:
- Central Inventory Vs. Local Inventory
- Creating or modifying the Local Inventory
- Creating or modifying the Central Inventory
- Advantages and disadvantages of keeping a Central Inventory for each Oracle Home and shared Central Inventory
- How to attach an Oracle Home to Central Inventory for an EBS Instance?
- Steps to create/rebuild central inventory
- How to remove/de-install EBS Oracle Home before performing EBS clone?
For EBS Installation, please make sure the central inventory is correctly defined and accessible from unix user which will be used to install EBS.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!