R12: AP: Generic Data Fix (GDF) Patch for Steps To Correct Corruption On Upgraded Invoices Modified In R12
(Doc ID 1556126.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 11, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- There are some known corruptions on upgraded invoices causing directly or indirectly validation, cancellation or Period closing related issues. These upgrade corruptions can be fixed easily if they are reported and fixed proactively before user takes some action on them, or if they are subjected to R12 activity like create accounting, etc.
- However, if they are already modified by user or a standard process before corruption was fixed on them, there is no direct and straight forward way to fix them in R12. Such invoice needs to be analyzed one by one, and then action is needed on considering the modifications done on them. They cannot be fixed in bulk (like through normal GDF patches) due to reasons like:
- R12 changes done (i.e. a new line added, a new distribution added) by user will be overwritten if conventional re-upgrade is done on an such invoice.
- Any R12 accounting activity done on an upgraded invoice will be lost if conventional re-upgrade is done on an such invoice, and after that SLA data will be out of sync from AP.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log into Oracle applications using a Payables responsibility.
- Open the Invoice Workbench
(N) Invoices > Entry > Invoice
- Query an upgraded Invoice
- Make changes like addition of new line/new distribution
- Actions > "Validate Invoice"
- Click OK
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document