R12 : AP: Steps To Correct Corruption On Upgraded Invoices Modified In R12
(Doc ID 1556126.1)
Last updated on APRIL 08, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The goal of this document is to describe steps to resolve corruptions with upgraded invoices, which are modified by user in R12 (before corruption was reported on them). The corruptions on these invoices can be:
- Type 1: Incorrect parent_reversal_id/reversal flag issue. IMPACT: 1. invoice appears in NEEDS REVALIDATION status 2. Invoice cannot be cancelled. 3. Invoice line cannot be discarded. 4. Invoice on DIST VARIANCE hold.
- Type 2: Incorrect allocation issue. IMPACT: 1. invoice appears in NEEDS REVALIDATION status 2. Incorrect tax reporting.
- Type 3: Missing 11i distributions in R12. IMPACT: invoice appears in NEEDS REVALIDATION status
- Type 4: Upgraded prepay tax missing PREPAY_DISTRIBUTION_ID. IMPACT: 1. Invoice cannot be accounted if prepayment is unapplied in R12 2. invoice appears in NEEDS REVALIDATION status
- Type 5: Upgraded AWT distributions missing AWT_RELATED_ID. IMPACT: Payment cannot be accounted in R12
- Type 6: Missing Price correction details issue. IMPACT: Invoice validation fails with ZX_LINES_SUMMARY_U1 / ZX_SUMMARY_CONSTRAINT_VIOLATED error.
- Type 7: Active 11i tax allocated to already discarded 11i line. IMPACT: 1. Invoice cannot be cancelled. 2. ITEM line, on which tax is computed, cannot be discarded.
- There are some known corruptions on upgraded invoices causing directly or indirectly validation, cancellation or Period closing related issues. These upgrade corruptions can be fixed easily if they are reported and fixed proactively before user takes some action on them, or if they are subjected to R12 activity like create accounting, etc.
- However, if they are already modified by user or a standard process before corruption was fixed on them, there is no direct and straight forward way to fix them in R12. Such invoice needs to be analyzed one by one, and then action is needed on considering the modifications done on them. They cannot be fixed in bulk (like through normal GDF patches) due to reasons like:
- R12 changes done (i.e. a new line added, a new distribution added) by user will be overwritten if conventional re-upgrade is done on an such invoice.
- Any R12 accounting activity done on an upgraded invoice will be lost if conventional re-upgrade is done on an such invoice, and after that SLA data will be out of sync from AP.
- This note attempts to fix such R12 modified invoices with minimal intervention(both from customer side and from support side) in one step. Due to limitations associated with R12 modified invoices, this datafix is available for only one invoice at a time. If user has multiple such invoices, this note needs to be followed once per each invoice.
- This note attempts to retain the R12 changes done by user on upgraded invoices, and re-upgrades the invoice. The re-upgrade step will fix all the known upgrade related corruptions, at the same time it will try to retain the R12 changes done by user.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Mandatory Prerequisite: Apply ZX patch 16804798 and 21696441 (R12.ZX.A for R12.0.x, R12.ZX.B for R12.1.x, R12.ZX.C for R12.2.x instances) before starting with the reupgrade process for corrupted invoices.|