How to deploy and configure Oracle Incentive Compensation Analytics for Oracle Data Integrator 11g?
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Incentive Compensation Analytics for Oracle Data Integrator - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.6 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Prerequisite (Source EBS instance) -
a. Minimum Baseline Oracle EBS Release 12.1 [ Compatible with Release 12.2 and up] .
b. EBS Release R12.1 Customers - Install the patch 16240904:R12.CN.B OR its replacement patch OR the superseded patch.
R12.1 / R12.2 Oracle Incentive Compensation Analytics for ODI
What are the contents of the Oracle Incentive Compensation Analytics for ODI - 11g ( 126.96.36.199.x / 188.8.131.52.x) patch?
The patch contains metadata 11g ODI and OBIEE artifact files for Oracle Incentive Compensation Analytics for ODI.
Who should apply this patch?
All existing customers of Oracle Incentive Compensation who are on Release 12.1.X or 12.2.X and want to implement OIC Analytics solutions
(a) Please follow the Oracle suggestions for configuring the Database for Data Warehouse Applications, this involves appropriate settings for blocksize, pga size, sga size and parallel max servers - for more details please refer to Oracle Data Warehousing Guide (part number E10578-04) - Chapter 2 : Setting up your data warehouse system.
(b) For improving the incremental ELT data load, Customers at Release R12.1.3 should apply patch (11800444:R12.CN.B) on the source Oracle EBS system - this patch reduces the volume of data considered for incremental loading.
1. It is recommended that the OIC Analytics Datamart instance is different from the EBS instance. The OIC Analytics Datamart objects can be created by using the script OIC_Analytics_DDL.sql (this script is bundled with cnodi_import_util.zip)
2. Please ensure the mentioned privileges are granted to the target datamart schema/user before the concurrent program "Incentive Compensation Analytics - ODI" or the ELT is kicked off. The required privileges are for example, connect, resource, create view, create database link, create synonym, create job, execute on dbms_lock, select any dictionary.
3. We recommend to create a fresh/new ODI repository to import the ODI scenarios that are bundled in cnodi_import_util.zip ($CN_TOP/patch/115/odi/US/util, R12.1 Customer - scenarios are available with the patch 16240901:R12.CN.B ).
4. Before ELT is executed to transform source data into OIC Analytics datamart, please ensure the CURRENT PERIOD is OPEN in the source database for successful ELT run.
Creating a Repository to deploy or configure Oracle Incentive Compensation Analytics 11g artifacts under Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms