Spares Management: Orders From Parts Requirements Do Not Always Honour OM Defaulting Rules
(Doc ID 1587382.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Spares Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Spares Logistics
When creating Internal orders from the Parts HTML form (with Ship To address set to Technician Address), the Bill To address in the order is not the same address associated with the Ship To. Instead, the Primary Bill To address for that particular engineer is displayed.
This example focuses on the Bill To address, but the solution described below can be applied to other fields that need to default differently in OM too. It is assumed there are Defaulting Rules set up in Order Management that fetch the correct default values (for Bill To address in this case) when entering an order manually.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open Parts Requirement HTML form.
2. Create a part requirement with Ship-To Address Type = Technician
3. Select an address from the list (choose the address that is not flagged as primary in the Resource Addresses and Subinventories setup form).
4. Create the part requirement.
5. Create the internal order.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document