Allow Different Material Status=No, Still Allows Misc Receipt When Lot Status Is Set To A Different Default
(Doc ID 1598166.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 31, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Can the "Allow Different Material Status" Profile parameter prevent miscellaneous receipts from mixing statuses?
Miscellaneous transactions (like account alias receipt) can receive mixed material statuses when onhand exists for the lot but the lot default is different.
* Similar result for OPM batches.
-- What is working --
* Lot status is correctly used if no onhand exists.
* Subinventory transfer correctly fails if the destination lot status is different than the source status.
* Purchase receipt correctly fails if receive when lot default status is different than existing onhand.
-- Setup --
Using lot, locator and Onhand status controls.
Org > Onhand status control is activated.
Org Parameter > Lot tab > Allow Different Material Status = No
-- What was tried --
Applied INV RUP6 (Patch 16328540) and INV RUP7 (Patch 16826285) but issue remains.
Expect misc. receipts to fail if "Allow Different Material Status" = No when the onhand status is different than the lot default status.
* Org onhand status enabled.
* Org Allow different material status = No
* New item with no onhand quantity.
* Item uses Full Lot control, and Dynamic locator control.
1. Navigate to Inventory > transactions > misc transactions.
2. Receive 1 onhand in subinventory/lot/locator.
* Takes default lot status. (working correctly so far)
3. Navigate to Inventory > onhand > query item > Choose Tools > Update status
4. Change to another status.
5. Navigate to Inventory > transactions > misc transactions.
6. Receive another item onhand into same subinventory/lot/locator.
7. Lot takes status of existing onhand quantity.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document