R12: PA: Cannot Close GL Period Due To "Exception Reason : This item has not been processed by burden summarization"
(Doc ID 1672247.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Project Costing - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.3 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Transaction Exception Details report lists the "Exception Reason : This item has not been processed by burden summarization" in release 12 when it allowed processing in release 11i.
Receive an error while closing the GL period in PA - "cannot close this accounting period because burden summarization items are pending".
The transactions in the exception report are related to projects that are in 'Completed' Project Status. The 'Completed' Status does not have the 'Create Burden Transactions' box checked.
- OTL timesheets are imported to an Active status project.
- The project is changed to Completed status.
- Distribute labor and the create and distribute burden transactions processes are run.
- The labor is distributed, but the burden does not get create due to the project status of Completed.
- When attempting to close the PA-GL period the error above is displayed.
- The exception report displays the list of such projects.
The only way to get the period to close is to change the project to Active Status, run create and distribute burden, and then close the period. This is not correct functionality.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document