Manager Self Service New Hire Functionality Errors With API HR_SP_PLACEMENT_API.create_spinal_point_placement
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Hire, CWK Placement, Appl Hire
A manager has hired and approved a new hire, except that a worklist notification is generated indicating there was an error. The following is the error that occurs.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login as Manager and initiate New Hire:
2. Ensure Grade Name and Grade Point fields are populated in the hire process.
3. Complete remaining new hire steps
4. Login as Manager’s Manager and Approve request
5. Login in Employee Service Center East user and approve.
6. Login as initiating manager. The Manager has received a notification to state that the IBS New Hire process has completed in error.
7. The Error Message Text from the Workflow states (checked via Oracle Workflow Status Monitor):
“The mandatory argument step_id value cannot be null Cause: The mandatory argument step_id has either not been specified or has been explicitly set to null in the API HR_SP_PLACEMENT_API .create_spinal_point_placement . Action: Either specify a value for the step_id argument which is not null or contact your local support representative. ”
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms