Inactive Customer Item Cross-Reference Being Picked By RLM Demand Stream Processor
Last updated on MARCH 15, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Item Master - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
During the processing of a schedule line when the RLM Demand Stream Processor (DSP) derives the inventory item based on the customer item cross reference, it is expected to be based on the lowest rank of the customer item cross-reference that is active. It has been observed in R12 that the customer item cross-reference derivation by DSP is being based only on the lowest rank without checking whether the cross-reference is active or not. Therefore inactive cross-references that happen to be of the lowest rank are being incorrectly picked up by DSP for inventory item assignment on the schedule lines.
Users expect the process to be based on the lowest rank of the customer item cross-reference that is active.
1. Navigate to Responsibility: Release Management
2. Import a schedule (830 or 862) that contains a customer item with two cross-references setup at the Customer Level (no address cross-references are present). Let the two inventory items in the cross-reference for the customer item be "A" & "B". Let the rank of "A" be 1000 and that of "B" be 2000.
3. Prior to processing the schedule via DSP, make the cross-reference for inventory item "A" inactive by unchecking the checkbox on the customer item cross-references screen.
4. Execute DSP for the schedule.
5. The schedule errors out on the RLM Workbench and the derived inventory item displayed against the customer item on the schedule line will be inventory item "A". Although the cross-reference assignment has been deactivated for Item "A" it is still being picked by DSP (although item "B" would be expected to be picked up) by only basing on the lowest rank of the cross-reference.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms