Why A User Gets "Missing IN Or OUT Parameter" Error Creating Non-standard Sql Data Model Using BI Publisher
(Doc ID 1915759.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 03, 2023
Applies to:BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 18.104.22.168.x to 22.214.171.124.x [Release 11.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
One is seeing the message:
The problem can be re-produced with the following steps:
1. Creating a non-sql data model to call a stored procedure before selecting data from a table in a BIP data model.
Using example found here http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E28280_01/bi.1111/e22258/whatsnew.htm#CHDFJJJI
2. In BI Publisher-> new data model-> data set-> new SQL
3. Select non-standard SQL option and enter this code (similar to example):
4. Go to data tab and press view - get error "XML failed to load"
5. Press Get Data Engine Log. See oracle.xdo.dataengine.datasource.plugin.DataAccessException: java.sql.SQLException: Missing IN or OUT parameter at index:: 1
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document