Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Partner Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 25-FEB-2016
Creating a new contact vs Updating a Contact that came over from Customer to Partner Conversion
• One shows the “Create User” button to create a new user id for the Contact (new contact)
• One does not show the “Create User” button when updating the contact (when we try to update the contact that came over from customer to partner conversion”)
Steps To Reproduce
1. Navigate > Channel Administrator Responsibility > Customer to Partner Conversion > Search for a customer (ie. ARR%) Arrow Enterprise Computing Solution Inc.
2. Run the Customer to Partner Conversion customer= Arrow Enterprise Computing Solution Inc., partner type= VAD, member type= standard .... This creates a new Partner and brings over a Partner Contact (Mike Clement)
3. Now we try to create a User of the Converted Contact (Mike Clement) ....... Click Update – It shows a Form to update the Contact > click Apply button but no button to create a user on Contact page
4. Navigate back to Partner Summary and click the Create Contact Button > the new contact window appears, enter the required fields then click Apply button on the Contact page the Create User Account button is shown as expected
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms