Incorrect Power Unit Assigned when Optimize Driver Assignment is Executed
Last updated on OCTOBER 10, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.3.4 to 6.3.5 [Release 6.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When performing Optimize Driver Fleet Assignment action on multiple shipments, having two drivers with two different power units assigned to the respective drivers, on one of the two shipments that get assigned with driver and power unit, OTM is assigning the power unit associated to the other driver.
It is expected when performing action Optimize Driver Fleet Assignment, each driver to be assigned to each shipment with the respective power unit that is associated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Plan multiple shipments on fleet carrier so that driver can be assigned to it
2. Create two driers with Power Unit in them, make sure both drivers are active
3. Create a Saved Query to fetch only active drivers
4. Search for Shipments which are planned in step 1
5. Select All Shipments and click on Actions->Fleet Management-> Assign-> Optimize Driver Assignments
6. In the pop up window, Enter Driver Saved Query ID with the saved query created in step 3 and Click OK
7. Open the shipments that get assigned
8. Notice that one of the shipments has the same power unit as in the other case, and not the power unit that is associated to it.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms