R12: Merged Child Lines from FA Show as POSTED but do not Post to their Merged Parent Lines
(Doc ID 1958538.1)
Last updated on MAY 10, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Project Costing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Merged child lines from Projects show as POSTED but did NOT post with their merge parent lines in Asset's FA_MASS_ADDITIONS table. This prevents these lines from being transferred into Fixed Assets during Post Mass Additions.
### Steps to Reproduce ###
1. In Capital Projects under Projects Costing Super User responsibility assigned Vendor Costs by splitting (by $ Value) cost line between 4 different assets.
2. Successfully ran PRC:Interface Assets to Oracle Assets
3. In Prepare Mass Additions added the "new" cost line to existing CIP Asset
4. In Mass Additions changed Status to "Posted" which changed to "Cost Adjustment".
5. Ran Post Mass Additions - no errors
6. Reviewed Mass Additions posting report and noted Vendor Cost included
7. Reviewed CIP asset and noted that the value did not update for the successful Mass Addition posting.
The invalid records are linked to a parent record that have a null split_merged_code and fixed asset cost > 0.
It appears that parent records should have a split_merged_code of 'MP' and a 0 fixed asset cost. Asset's can give a datafix for the issue, but a code fix is needed (see R12 Post Mass Additions (FAMAPT) Shows Merged Child Line From Projects Not Posted With Parent Line To Fixed Assets (FA) (Doc ID 1099273.1)). This datafix removes the association with the parent and resets the status so the assets can be run through post mass additions.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document