Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
'PO Output for Communication' (POXPOPDF), which was automatically launched by System right after Cancellation of Schedule release, failed with following error captured in log file
"genDoc() : Exceptionjava.lang.NullPointerException"
The issue is only happening to cancellation of Schedule release, it does not happen to cancellation of other type of Purchase document. The issue does not happen if the 'PO Output for Communication' concurrent program was manually launched.
1. Navigation = Purchase Orders > Purchase Order Summary
2. 'Find' any Scheduled release that need to be cancelled
3. Select 'Tool > Controls' to apply 'Cancel' control action to the Scheduled Release
4. Right after schedule release was cancelled, open 'Requests' window, found 'PO Output For Communication' was automatically launched but failed with error/
5. Click the 'View Log' button in 'Requests' window, error "genDoc() : Exceptionjava.lang.NullPointerException" was captured in the log file
After application of <Patch 19288761>:R12.PO.D
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms