Last updated on JANUARY 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a purchase order shipment that has a ship to organization that belongs to a different operating unit - other than the operating unit used on the purchase order header,
errors are encountered.
"A Destination Charge Account is mandatory and could not be determined. Review your account generator setup"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Define Shipping networks
2. Define Inter company flows
3. Create purchase order, select a destination inventory organization (Ship To Organization) belonging to a different Operating Unit - in the shipment screen , enter need by date and try to Save.
- Example - Purchase Order Header - Operating Unit is Vision operations
- Then choose E1 - Vision Germany as the ship to organization on the purchase order shipment - E1 belongs to Operating Unit Vision Germany
4. You get a message saying 'Error' and a note saying distributions are empty
5. Now if you go to distributions PO charge account is grayed out and when you click destination account it throws up an error saying "A destination Charge Account is mandatory and could not be determined . Review your account generator setup"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms