The Driver 'Compatibility Rules' are not Being Considered During 'Optimize Driver Assignments' Action
(Doc ID 1981855.1)
Last updated on JULY 24, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fleet Management - Version 6.3.4 to 6.3.6 [Release 6.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A Power Unit is configured with Remarks. A Shipment is also created with Remarks that don't match the values of the Power Unit's remarks. When running the Assign Driver action, the driver associated to this power is correctly not selected for assignment. However, when the 'Optimize Driver Assignments' action is executed on the shipment, the driver associated to this power is assigned successfully, where it is expected to fail.
1. Create two Remark Qualifiers:
2. Create Two Power Units:
POWER_1 (with WI/28_FT_DRY_VAN remarks)
POWER_2 (with GA/48FT_DRY_VAN remarks)
3. Create two Drivers one for each power
4. Create Order Release
5. Plan the order onto shipment: 10208 (added Remarks: FL/28FT_DRY_VAN - i.e. different from power units)
1. Navigate to Shipment Management -> Shipment Management -> Buy Shipments
2. Search for Shipment: 10208
3. Actions -> Fleet Management -> Fleet Unassign -> Driver
4. Actions -> Fleet Management -> Assign Driver
5. Click OK on popup
6. Select "More Options"
7. Enter Driver Saved Query: My_Drivers
8. Click "Show Options"
Notice that this returns with "No Options Found". This is expected since the Shipment remarks don't match either of the Power remarks. Close the popup window
9. Repeat steps 4-8, but this time on "Assign Driver to Shipment - Override Criteria" screen, expand section "Power Unit Remark Qualifiers to Ignore" and check both boxes for each remark (i.e. ignore the remark constraints)
Notice that this presents options. This proves that the drivers remarks do not match, but otherwise the drivers can do the shipments. Close the popup window without clicking OK
10. Actions -> Fleet Management -> Assign -> Optimize Driver Assignments
11. Enter Driver Saved Query: My_Drivers
12. Click OK
Notice that shipments was assigned driver. It was expected to fail, due to the remarks not matching (as with step 8 above)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document