Attachment File Name Becomes OADownload.<extention> When Downloading
(Doc ID 2012917.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Application Object Library - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Oracle E-Business Suite Technology Stack - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to download the attachment in any page (e.g. workflow, documents of records), the file name appears as OADownload.<extention>.
NOTE: The issue occurs only when using IE 11 and disable the Compatibility View mode. When the Compatibility View mode is enabled, the file name is displayed properly.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
This is one example how the issue is reproducible where the responsibility and navigation are different for other downloads.
- Log in and select "Employee Self-Service" responsibility.
- Go to "Documents of Record".
- Click "Create Document of Record" button.
- Click "Add Attachment..." button.
- Enter title=test, upload file, and click "Apply".
- Click on attachment.
- The following message appears: "Do you want to open or save OADownload.doc(<SIZE>MB) from <SERVER>?"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document