"Distance from the Previous Location" on Shipment Stop Shows Incorrect Value
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.2.8 to 6.4.1 [Release 6.2 to 6.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When 2 Order Releases that have different destination Location ID's but have the identical geographical location (same longitude and latitude) are planned to a multi-stop shipment, the "Distance from the Previous Location" value in the second drop off location appears to be same as the distance from the Pick up location. This is incorrect.
The "Distance from the Previous Location" value in the second drop off location should be zero as it has the same geographical location as the previous drop off location.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create 2 order releases TEST_OR_1 and TEST_OR_2 with the same starting location - LOC1 and different destination locations - LOC2 and LOC2B
2. Note that LOC2B is a copy of LOC2 - except for the location ID.
3. When the orders are bulk planned, it creates one multi stop shipment.
4. When you look under the Stops Tab of the Shipment, the "Distance from Previous Stop" for the first drop off location shows as 100 MI, say and this is correct.
5. When you look under the Stops Tab of the Shipment, the "Distance from Previous Stop" for the SECOND drop off location also shows as 100 MI - this is incorrect.
6. "Distance from Previous Stop" for the SECOND drop off location should shows as 0 MIin this case as LOC2 and LOC2B has the same Longitude and Latitude.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms