R12: AP: Period Close Exception Report Shows Entries In 'Accounting Entries not Transferred to the General Ledger' Although the Transactions are Showing Accounted and Transferred to GL
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to close the Payables period due to a message informing that exceptions exist.
The Period Close Exception Report shows exceptions with pattern 'Accounting Entries not Transferred to the General Ledger'. But from the front-end, the transactions show as Fully Accounted and Transferred to GL. So the solution from <Note 1534182.1> does not apply.
To be able to close the Payables period.
Steps to reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In Payables, attempt to close the Payables period.
2. System informs that exceptions exist.
3. Review the Period Close Exceptions report and confirm the transaction/s. Note the Accounting Event Type is 'MANUAL' for these transaction/s.
4. Review the transaction on the Payment workbench, it shows as Accounted.
5. Review the accounting entries, it shows as Accounted and Transferred to GL.
Recently applied a data fix that ran undo accounting.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms