Last updated on SEPTEMBER 09, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to close the Payables period due to a message informing that exceptions exist.
The Period Close Exception Report shows exceptions with pattern 'Accounting Entries not Transferred to the General Ledger'. But from the front-end, the transactions show as Fully Accounted and Transferred to GL. So the solution from <Note 1534182.1> does not apply.
To be able to close the Payables period.
Steps to reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In Payables, attempt to close the Payables period.
2. System informs that exceptions exist.
3. Review the Period Close Exceptions report and confirm the transaction/s. Note the Accounting Event Type is 'MANUAL' for these transaction/s.
4. Review the transaction on the Payment workbench, it shows as Accounted.
5. Review the accounting entries, it shows as Accounted and Transferred to GL.
Recently applied a data fix that ran undo accounting.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms