MSS Change Manager - Error Message For Future Dated Change Shows Incorrect Employee Name
Last updated on JULY 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1 HRMS RUP6 version, Assignment,Term,Pay,ChgMgr,LOA
Using Manager Self Service, Change Manager functionality when using 'Reassign Direct Reports to a New Manager' functionality against a Direct Report who has a future dated change the error message which is displayed by default (we do not allow future dated changes - profile set to Stop with Error) to advise that the change cannot be made the employee name displayed in the error message text is not the current date-tracked name of the employee but one which was used in 2008.
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
PROD Issue being encountered.
Responsibility: KCC Manager Self-Service Manager Self-Service
Menu: Change Manager
Functionality not working on page: Reassign Direct Reports to a New Manager
Direct Report has had a name change in the past (in this case the employee got married)
Direct Report has a future dated change (in this case future termination)
Steps to recreate
- On Change Manager: Hierarchy page select an employee who is a manager who has a Direct Report meeting the data scenario above
- Enter an Effective Date before the Future Dated Change
- In the Reassign Direct Reports to a New Manager use the 'Assign to All' functionality
- Select the Next button to go the the Change Manager: Review page
- Data Validation error message 'There are future-dated changes....' displayed showing the incorrect employee name (name not correct for Effective Date entered for transaction)
This is not the only employee it is happening for.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms