Configuring and Deploying Talent Matrix
(Doc ID 2049909.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Succession planning - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Succession Planning provides Talent Matrix, a flexible and configurable tool that enterprises can use to assess the succession potential of their workforce.
The Talent Matrix tool:
- Provides the flexibility to define the matrix type as per the business requirements of the enterprise. Enterprises can select from the supported matrix types. For example, either 2*2 or 4*4 matrix type.
- Supports multi-dimensional attributes to create a talent matrix. Different combinations of Performance Rating, Retention Potential, Readiness Level, and Impact of Loss dimensions help to identify suitable successors. Enterprises have the flexibility to specify the dimensions of the X and Y axes of the Talent Matrix.
- Enables plan administrators to create different templates by selecting the matrix type and X and Y axes dimensions based on the business requirements of the enterprise. Talent Managers can use these templates to view the Talent Matrix for a particular combination.
- Enables managers to view the talent matrix of workers in their hierarchy. The Change Manager option helps to view the talent matrix of workers in different managers' hierarchy.
- Helps identify the assessment level of workers and view succession details of workers placed in specific grids. An icon is displayed for a worker to indicate if a succession plan exists for the worker or not. Using this icon, plan administrators or managers can view succession details or create succession plans for the worker.
- Enables printing of the Talent Matrix and also view a list of workers for whom succession details are incomplete.
Note: The Talent Matrix tool is not displayed in the application, by default. If required, system administrators must enable this tool by completing additional implementation steps. For more information, see: Enabling Talent Matrix, Oracle Succession Planning Implementation and User Guide.
Before you enable Talent Matrix in Oracle Succession Planning, you must complete deployment steps for Talent Matrix in an Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS) instance. The PDF document attached to this note provides information about the deployment steps for Talent Matrix.
This document is applicable to the following release levels:
- 1. R12.2.5 and later
- 2. R12.1 HRMS RUP9 and later
- 3. R12.2 HRMS RUP8 and later
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document