Select Available Inventory from Batch Details Allows WIP Issue with Transaction Date Earlier than Lot Origination Date
(Doc ID 2053551.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Process Manufacturing Process Execution - Version 12.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.3 version, Batches
The system is allowing the creation of WIP Issue transactions with a transaction date earlier than the origination date of the lot being consumed, if you select the lot from Select Available Inventory. If you enter the lot manually on batch Material Transactions, then you correctly get the error: "APP-INV-05343: Invalid transaction date". The system is not supposed to allow consumption of lots with dates prior to their origination date as that can cause errors in OPM Costing.
Either Select Available Inventory (SAI) when accessed from batch Material Transactions should not show lots with origination dates earlier than the transaction date that is passed in, or batch Material Transactions should give the error even when the lot was selected from SAI.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a batch with an ingredient set for Automatic Consumption
2. Release the batch.
3. Create inventory of a new lot, with a transaction date later than the actual start date of the batch - this sets the lot origination date to also be later than the actual start date of the batch.
4. From Batch Details, click Transact Material.
5. From Material Transactions, click in the lower section of the form, then click the Select Available Inventory button.
6. Enter a quantity from the lot with the later origination date and click Done.
7. A transaction line is created on Material Transactions with the transaction date defaulted to the actual start date of the batch, which is earlier than the lot origination date. Click Transact and the transaction is saved.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, there can be incorrect costs calculated in OPM Costing, and you can record something that physically is impossible, consuming a lot before it even existed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document