Error 'Validation failed for the field - Ship To Contact' when changing the existing Ship to customer on a Sales Order line
(Doc ID 2061564.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 126.96.36.199 to 12.2.4 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Error is observed when changing the existing Ship to customer on an order line.
Error exists even after clearing the value for the 'Ship To Contact' field on the same line.
Validation failed for the field - Ship To Contact
Setup and Steps
The issue exists with the below mentioned setup:
1. User has the default rules for Order Line "Ship To Contact" as mentioned below...
2. User has a single ship set for all the lines...
3. System parameter "Customer Relationships" as "All Customers"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Change the "Ship To customer" of a specific line and try to save the line
2. Try to clear the 'Ship To Contact' on this line and save the changes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document