Order Movement Moved To Shipment Does Not Repack Automatically
Last updated on JULY 05, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.2.0 to 6.3.7 [Release 6.2 to 6.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an Order Movement is moved to a shipment it is not repacked automatically.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create 2 Order Releases TEST_OR_1 and TEST_OR_2
a) Please note that the TEST Packaged Item, TEST Packing Item, TEST THU etc have been created for this test case.
b) Please note a new Parameter set is also created for this test with "Perform Ship Unit Repack" under the "Ship Unit Building" section of the Planning Parameter Set is set to True.
2) Create Order Movements for these 2 Order Releases using Best Itinerary action.
3) Do a Bulk Plan of the first order movement and note the Shipment ID
4) Go to the 2nd Order Movement and do a Action -> Operational Planning -> Create Shipment -> Move to Shipment.
5) The OM gets added to the Shipment,
6) Now, when you check the Equipment, you see separate Shipment Ship Units. Repack of the earlier Ship Unit did not happen as expected.
When an Order Movement is added to a Shipment, it is expected that the Repack will happen and same Items will be re-packed as there is sufficient space to pack in the packaging unit both by volume and by weight.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms