Oacore Crashes Randomly - No Improvement with Normal JVM Troubleshooting Steps
Last updated on MARCH 24, 2017
Applies to:Oracle E-Business Suite Technology Stack - Version 12.2.4 to 12.2.5 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Running into a situation where oacore servers are crashing randomly.
Observed that every 30-45 minutes, oacore servers thread is stuck.
New Install of R12.2.4
4 node architecture...with 2 web/forms and 2 concurrent tier nodes
2 node RAC
Have about 100 users using the system.
Have followed ETCC guidelines at the time of upgrade planning.
The instance was working fine 2 days before.
The issue started happening on last Sunday.
Steps followed so far to avoid the stuck thread, but no luck:
1) Increased the memory for oacore_Server1 from 2G to 3G.
2) Increase the memory for oacore_Server2 from 1g to 3G.
3) Max Stuck Thread Time changed from 600 seconds to 1800 seconds.
4) Stuck Thread Count changed from 0 to 1.
5) Enabled the box "Auto kill if failed".
6) Restart Interval changed from 3600 to 300.
7) Restart Delay Seconds from 0 to 100.
8) Added one more oacore server using oracle provisioning utilities.
The issue still occurs after applying patches: 19711816, 19503289.
New Install of R12.2
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms