When Doing Integration From A User In One Domain Associated with a User Role In A Sub-Domain, Error "ORA-28115 policy with check violation" Appears
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.2.0 to 6.3.8 [Release 6.2 to 6.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When doing Integration (for e.g. for OB_LINE_REFNUM on an Order Base) from a user in one domain associated with a user role in another sub-domain, they you see the following error
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create a Subdomain - TEST_SUB under the main domain TEST. (Grant ALL_TS for this Subdomain)
2) Create a Role TEST_SUB_ROLE under that subdoman TEST/TEST_SUB
3) Create a user in the main domain TEST.TEST_USER and associate the role from the Subdomain - TEST_SUB_ROLE to it.
4) Now, log into OTM using TEST.TEST_USER / <PASSWORD> and upload an XML which updates the Order Base Line RefNum
5) In the Sql log, it can be seen the following Insert statement:
OMD - 1
2015-10-06 12:45:24.341 200410 Debug PersistenceDetails Bean Data Start insert class glog.ejb.orderbase.db.ObLineRefnumData OMD - 1
2015-10-06 12:45:24.341 200410 Debug Sql insert into ob_line_refnum (order_base_line_gid,ob_line_refnum_qual_gid,ob_line_refnum_value,domain_name) values (?,?,?,?);
http://TEST/TEST_SUB.20151006-0003-001, PACK, 00110181110235954303, TEST OMD - 1
Notice in the domain in the last insert statement above - it shows as TEST instead of TEST_SUB. Because grants of ALL_TS has been given, this goes through.
If that were not the case, the process will give the error "ORA-28115 policy with check violation error."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms