Last updated on JANUARY 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Workflow - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.5 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Oracle Concurrent Processing - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.5 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Worklist Notifications, Email Notifications, and Request Processing
Customer noticed Worklist Notification and Email Notifications of the following 2 Concurrent Program contain Junk Characters in the Subject Line:
- PRC: Update Project Summary Amounts
- GMS: Update Actual and Encumbrance Balance
These 2 Concurrent Programs are part of a Request Set that was created in the Concurrent Requests screens
Notifications from the Concurrent Programs Notifications should be legible
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enable the "Print together" option of a Request Set from Request set Definition Form.
2. Run the request set comprised of 2 concurrent programs:
- PRC: Update Project Summary Amounts (Oracle Projects)
- GMS: Update Actual and Encumbrance Balance (Oracle Grants)
3. While running the request set, specify the "Notify to" option for any of its child programs.
4. After the Request Set completes, the Completion Notification for the program does not provide correct information it appears like the below:
Request 11134450 (PRC: Update Project Summary Amounts) has completed with status Ræ hšü hšü Ì¹ÿ·™÷
Request 11134424 (GMS: Update Actual and Encumbrance Balance) has completed with status Ræ hšü hšü Ì¹ÿ·™÷
5. When Concurrent Requests are run individually or uncheck Print Together Email Notification's Subject Line are legible (no Junk Characters)
NOTE: this issue is not specific to a certain Concurrent Request, but it is actually specific to a Request Set containing Concurrent Requests
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms