Unassign Order Movement Action Causes Original Shipment To Be Re-Rated With a Different Service Provider
(Doc ID 2126380.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.3.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After executing the 'Unassign Order Movement' action for one order movement (part of a shipment which has 2 order movements), the selected order movement is unassigned properly, however, the original shipment which still has the remaining order movement gets re-rated with a different service provider that offers a lower cost on the shipment.
It is expected that the shipment retains the same service provider after the 'Unassign Order Movement' action is performed.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Search for and select a shipment with multiple order movements and take note of the service provider planned for the shipment.
2. Select one of the order movements planned onto the shipment and click Actions -> Order Movement -> Unassign Order Movement
3. The order movement gets unassigned successfully
4. Select the respective shipment that has been planned for the remaining order movement (the order movement not selected to be unassigned in step 2) and check the service provider.
5. The service provider has changed from step 1. Additionally, the current service provider offers a lower total cost for the shipment than in step 1.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document