Required DFF Segments Are Not Mandatory In Mobile Field Service Multi Platform Application
(Doc ID 2170082.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Mobile Field Service - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 Mobile field service Multi platform
In Oracle Mobile Field Service Multi Platform Descriptive Flexfield Segments (DFF) are mandatory but the screen allows users to save without populating a value.
Expect that the screen will display an Error message when a required field is not populated. The app should not save the details until the required field is populated..
1. Login to Oracle e-business suite
2. R) System Administrator -> Flexfields -> Create a Descriptive flex field for 'Spares Management Lines' with a mandatory parameter: 'Order Type'.
3) Compile and freeze the flexfields.
4) R) Field Service Manager -> Create Service Request and a Task and Assign the task to a technician. Save.
5) Login to MFS MP as the technician and select the task
6) Click on 'Parts Search' to create a Part Requirement. Enter the Standard mandatory details for the PR line and then click on the Part Requirement Lines DFF, find that the mandatory DFF value is displayed.
7) Do not select or enter any value for the mandatory field.
8) Save the details.
9) The Parts Requirement line is getting saved without accepting the mandatory value.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document