Instance Transfer Across Operating Units Error: "OKC_CONTRACTS_REQUIRED_VALUE(COL_NAME=Bill to id is not Valid)"
(Doc ID 2170664.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to change the owner across operating unit for an item instance in Install Base the following error pops up and users are unable to proceed.
1. Login to Oracle Applications.
2. Navigate to Order Management Responsibility -> Orders, Returns -> Sales Order.
3. Create a standard Sales Order for a Product item with warranty defined under Bills of Material.
4. Book and Ship the order.
5. Run Workflow Background Process and Service Contracts Order Processing Program concurrent programs.
6. Item instance gets created along with associated contract based on warranty item attached.
7. Navigate to Oracle Installed Base Agent User Responsibility -> Item Instances -> Item Instance.
8. Query for the instance number or the item and open for update the created instance record.
9. Click on Change Owner and provide new owner under another operating unit and save the changes.
10. Error OKC_CONTRACTS_REQUIRED_VALUE (COL_NAME=Bill to id is not Valid) pops up and unable to proceed with the change.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document