Planning Shipments Using Show Routing Options Creates Shipments Using Expired Rates Based On Order Window Time Span
(Doc ID 2176731.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.3.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An order with null pickup dates and defined delivery dates is being planned using 'Show Routing Options' action. The order has a 'Date Emphasis' constraint of DELV. The planning parameter set being used contains the planning parameter ORDER WINDOW TIME SPAN set to an amount of days that overlaps with the rate record's date for an expired rate. During planning, OTM will use the expired rate instead of the most recent valid rate defined in the rate record by taking the 'start time' of the shipment and going the set amount of days in the past defined in ORDER WINDOW TIME SPAN to get the rate record cost, regardless if it is expired or not.
It is expected that OTM does not use expired rates for rating shipments.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Set the planning parameter ORDER WINDOW TIME SPAN = 60 DAYS (60 days is used as an example)
2. Have a rate record cost with an expired cost and a new cost that is effective within the last 60 days.
3. Create an order without defining early and late pickup date. Define the deliver dates as needed.
4. Constrain the order with Date Emphasis set to DELV
5. Select Actions -> Operational Planning -> Create Buy Shipment -> Show Routing Options
6. Leave the constraints null
7. Click Show Options and select the options as prompted.
8. Click OK
9. A shipment is built with expired rates from the rate record.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document