Why Does Cancelled Non Standard Discrete Jobs Create The Period Close Variance When Inventory Accounting Period Closes
Last updated on OCTOBER 31, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Cost Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Inventory Accounting Period closes, the period close variance is created for cancelled non standard discrete jobs.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a non-standard discrete job.
WIP(N) > Discrete > Discrete jobs > New(B)
- Change the status to cancel this job.
- Save your change.
- Navigate to Inventory Accounting Period form.
Inventory(N) > Accounting Close Cycle > Inventory Accounting Period
- Close Inventory Accounting Period which includes above job.
Change status(B) > Closed
- Confirm the period close variance for the job.
WIP(N) > Discrete > WIP Value Summary
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms